Helping Children Thrive Together
Providing individualised Occupational Therapy services to children aged 3 - 18 years and their families in Canberra, Queanbeyan and Surrounding Region
Childhood is a unique part of a child's and their family's life. It is a time of learning, exploring and developing new skills to become a one of a kind person. Sometimes outside support can help with this process. Together OT focuses on what your child and family need to make day to day life easier.
We are located in Deakin, Canberra. We work with private, Medicare, self managed NDIS and plan managed NDIS clients.
At Together OT, our mission is to empower children and their families with the skills and abilities they need to thrive in their daily lives. We are a dedicated allied health practice committed to providing comprehensive and individualised therapeutic services. Our goal is to foster each child’s potential, promote their independence, and enhance their overall well-being.
Through compassionate and evidence-based practices, we strive to create a nurturing and inclusive environment that supports children’s physical, cognitive and emotional development. Our team of experienced and passionate allied health professionals collaborate closely with each other, families, educators and healthcare professionals to deliver personalised interventions and strategies.
We believe in the power of early intervention and our services are tailored to meet the unique needs of each child and their family. By addressing areas such as sensory processing, fine motor skills, self-care, social interaction, and academic performance, we aim to maximise their functional abilities and promote their overall success in school, home and the community.
With unwavering dedication and a holistic approach, we are driven to make a lasting difference in the lives of children and their families. Together, we envision a future where every child can reach their full potential and lead fulfilling lives.
How Does Occupational Therapy Benefit Your Child and Family?
Occupational Therapy (OT) supports children to do the activities they need and want to do in everyday life at home, school and the community. This is achieved by improving the child's abilities and/or changing how and where the task happens. The child and family centred approach means that you and the child chose the activities to work on to make life easier.
What working together with Together OT could make possible for you:
* At Home
- smoother daily routine such as hair bushing, nail cutting, dressing, mealtimes and getting into the car on time
- improved reactions to noisy activities such as vacuum cleaning, tumble drying and lawn mowing
- calmer transition from school to home
- positive interactions with siblings
* At School
- form friendships and develop social skills
- learning in the classroom
- handwriting success
- positive feedback from teachers on your child's achievements and peer interaction
* For Parents and Guardians
- know your child's unique strengths
- understand how your child's body is affecting behaviour and skill development
- be confident in ways you can support your child at home and school
- be listened to and supported by the OT
- see your child's achievements in everyday life such as kicking a soccer ball, gaining self-confidence, writing their name and playing with others